Company At Glance

U.S. Tax Services for Expat American Citizens, Green Card Holders and Non-Resident Aliens

U.S. Tax Services for Americans in Asia and Abroad (USTA)is based in Shanghai, China with satellite offices in Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Bangkok.

We offer fast, efficient, and professional of tax preparation and consulting services for American expats, greencard holders, and non-resident aliens (e.g. those with investments in the US) in Hong Kong, China, Japan, Thailand, and most major expat destinations around the world.

Our team of IRS Enrolled Agents and U.S. CPAs handles all aspects of expat tax filing needs, including: U.S. Tax Form Preparation and Planning, FinCEN Form 114 / FBAR (Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts) Form Preparation, Local Tax Return Preparation,Back filing for prior years (and when possible Streamlined Filing Procedures), consulting for overseas contractors / expat packages (e.g. Tax Equalization simulations), FATCA compliance reviews, and many other important topics related to living and working abroad. 

For U.S. citizens living abroad, tax filing procedures can be confusing and – in some cases – costly if not properly prepared with a solid understanding of the specific filing and reporting needs for Americans living outside the U.S.. Filing your returns from anywhere can be stressful, but add living and working in a foreign country and the process becomes considerably more intimidating. What’s more, U.S. tax code changes frequently, making it rather difficult to keep up with all of the latest information. We offer peace of mind by helping you to ensure full compliance with U.S. tax filing and reporting requirements.

Important things to know for American expats in Asia:

-If you’re residing overseas but are a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident (Greencard holder), you are eligible to pay taxes in the U.S. if your income from worldwide sources is over a specified amount.

-FinCEN Form 114 / FBAR (Foreign Bank Account Reporting). If you maintain and/or have signatory authority over financial accounts (banks, securities, investments) overseas with an aggregated balance exceeding USD 10,000 AT ANY TIME during the year, you are required to file additional forms along with your U.S. tax returns and send directly to the U.S. Treasury using Form TDF 90-22.1.

-The due date for paying your taxes is April 15th with an automatic 2 month extension for those taxpayers who live outside the U.S.

-Further extension till October 15th is granted to file the taxes by filing form 4868 before due date.

-If you have paid taxes on foreign sourced income, then you may be eligible for a credit or deduction to reduce your U.S. tax burden.

-As a U.S. citizen living abroad, you can avail of certain tax related benefits such as Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (FEIE) and Foreign Housing Exclusion (FHE). Offices

Shanghai Office:
Shanghai Kerry Centre 29F
1515 Nanjing Road (W), Jingan District
Shanghai PRC
+86 (0) 21 2316 5382

Hong Kong Office:
Suite 1010 10F Miramar Tower
132 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
Hong Kong
TEL +8528191 3886

Other locations:Tokyo Office +81 3 4530 9764, Bangkok Office +66 (0) 2 611 2562